MR. BRAGG PRESENTED THE PROOF OF THIS "REDESIGN" TO SENIOR EXECUTIVES OF CONSUMER REPORTS, KELLEY BLUE BOOK, EDMUNDS, TRUECAR AND CARS.COM IN A USA TODAY
ROUNDTABLE MEETING ON NOVEMBER 28, 2012. NO ONE THERE WAS AWARE OF THAT PIVOTAL FACT! YOU COULD HAVE HEARD A PIN DROP AS THEY READ THE INCONTROVERTIBLE EVIDENCE. Click here to read the full USA TODAY "Don't Trust That Invoice Price" expose´and Mr. Bragg's candid assessment of the meeting
. (He was not anyone's favorite participant.)
To read the "bombshell" exhibit that he distributed at that meeting, click here
. THEN ASK YOURSELF WHY NO OTHER AUTO INFO SOURCE HAS UNCOVERED AND REVEALED THIS CRITICAL INFORMATION TO NEW-CAR BUYERS. IT'S BEEN RIGHT UNDER THEIR NOSES FOR 18 YEARS! NOW IT'S SOMETHING THEY HOPE YOU'LL NEVER LEARN BECAUSE IT MAKES THEIR "TARGET PRICE" NEGOTIATING ADVICE OVER A DECADE PAST ITS "SELL BY" DATE.
THIS IS ONLY AUTO INFO WEBSITE ON WHICH YOU WILL LEARN THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. WE GUARANTEE THAT.
As a result of this ongoing, secret dealer incentive process:
(1) Today the "invoice price" bears little relation to any real
(2) "Holdback" is pocket change compared to the big bonus bucks dealers can earn from "below-the-line" incentive programs funded from those bloated invoice prices.
(3) The "target prices" and negotiating advice on every other web site are "dealer-approved" and will never be the best price available for the new car you want. Why? Because those sites get all their revenue from auto companies and dealers. Here's a real shocker: Consumer Reports has abandoned its core business principle and is now taking money from dealers to whom it sends its trusting subscribers and website visitors in its "Build & Buy" program!
Isn't that called hypocrisy?
(4) Given today's reality in the new-car market, your objective isn't to get it for some price in relation to the invoice, it's to get the best price available, and you do that by making dealers compete for your business. You don't walk into car stores to negotiate, and you don't make an offer. Only a fool would do that.
(5) Dealers closing in on sales objectives that deliver six-or-seven-figure bonus checks will sell some new cars for prices WAY below those suggested targets. (At that USA TODAY Roundtable meeting TrueCar's Executive VP acknowledged that in that situation dealers will sell for thousands less than they'd normally charge. None of the auto-info bigwigs there disagreed.)
Describing his role today, Mr. Bragg says, "I used to be just a consumer advocate, but I've become a consumer activist, on a mission to spread the truth that all those big auto pricing websites and sadly, even Consumer Reports won't tell you. And I'm not going away until every new-car shopper knows how badly they're being misled.
YOU ARE SHOPPING FOR A COMMODITY.
Your vehicle has exactly the same pricing at every dealership selling that brand. You'll get the best price on any commodity by making sellers compete — not by accepting some auto website’s pre-determined, dealer-approved "target price." We teach you exactly how to do that. The best prices always come from dealers close to their incentive targets, but you can't learn any dealer's status. Today's low bidder can be tomorrow's high bidder. That's the car business today.
Doesn't common sense tell you that this makes the "pay what others are paying" advice from those other sites incredibly stupid?
TIMING REALLY MATTERS.
Every month has one or two "best days" to launch your request for competitive price proposals. (They are never weekend days; that's when stores are loaded with live, not-too-smart people.) We identify these days for the current month in our package. Why do no other auto info websites do that? Because the dealers who account for most of their revenue want to sell cars every day, not just when consumers have a timing advantage.
AS A BONUS, YOU'LL GET THE MOST IMPORTANT BOOK
WRITTEN ABOUT THE RETAIL CAR BUSINESS IN 20 YEARS.
Everyone placing an order will be sent a FREE pdf copy of Mr. Bragg's 'bombshell' book that cracked the industry's hidden-profit code, "Letting The Cat Out Of The Bag — How The Auto Industry 'Redesigned' The Dealer Invoice Price When The Internet Arrived." The Preface and Table of Contents are here: "Letting The Cat Out of the Bag".
HERE'S AN EYE-OPENING TRANSACTION REPORT
"This is the 3rd time I've used Fighting Chance buying a new car, and it was awesome! The sticker price on our Hyundai Elantra Coupe was $24,035, and the invoice total was $22,915. The only incentives were for active military and recent college grads, neither of which fit us. We paid $20,200, $2,715 below the dealer invoice. The other four price proposals: $293 below invoice. $400 below. $1,406 below. And $2,915 below (bid came too late)."
"I checked the 'target prices' for the vehicle in that my zip code on Kelley Blue Book, Consumer Reports, Edmunds, TrueCar and Cars.com. They ranged from $1,635 higher to $2,977 higher! We’ll never buy a new car any other way!"
K.C., Carmichael, CA (Here's a cornucopia of great testimonials).
WHAT CAN FIGHTING CHANCE DO FOR YOU THAT ALL THE OTHERS CAN’T
1. You’ll have in us the only independent, unbiased source of truthful information and powerful negotiating advice on the Internet. “No one can serve two masters.” We serve ours (you). Those other auto info sites serve theirs (not you).
2. In the package’s “centerpiece,” “How The Phone+Email Attack Can Get You The Best Deal, Saving You Time, Money and Aggravation,” you’ll learn exactly what to do and say each step of the way as you conduct a competitive bidding process from your home or office, without walking into a single car store. You’ll enlist 6 to 10 dealers that you choose to make price proposals, and you’ll go with the winner. We even tell you the best day(s) of the month to start the process.
Given how the industry has squirreled away substantial dealer profit dollars in the invoice price to fund the myriad of truly-secret, “below-the-line” incentives, it’s not unusual to have a $1,000 to $2,000+ difference between the high and low bidders on even a mid-priced vehicle. And today's high bidder may be tomorrow’s low bidder, depending on where a dealership stands vs. its hidden targets. (Check our long list of testimonials here. Note there how far off the mark those auto info websites "target prices" can be!) This is why it's nuts to aim for any "target price." That puts a floor under the price, when some dealer might sell for less — maybe a lot less.
3. As a confidence builder, YOU’LL HAVE US AS YOUR COACHES as you go through the process. Got a question? Call us. Want to run the numbers before you sign a lease? Call us. There's no such thing as a "silly question" here. Talking to you is our favorite part of the job. We’ve been at this for over 20 years, and much of our knowledge has come from our customers’ feedback.
4. You’ll receive our signature "Big Picture" analysis of how the brand(s) and the specific vehicle(s) you're interested in have been doing in the market. Are sales up or down so far this year? Does the average dealer sell 2 per month or 22? This piece also reveals the current "holdback" information for brands that use it (several don't). Here's a sample "Big Picture" analysis (not a current file).
5. You will, of course, get the complete current sticker/MSRP and dealer invoice pricing data for the vehicle(s) you're considering, covering all trim levels and equipment packages. Here's a current list of model pricing available. And a sample vehicle pricing file (not a current one) in pdf format.
6. You’ll also receive the latest issue of CarDeals, a bi-weekly report of current national rebates/cash incentive offers and cut-rate financing programs. Here's a sample CarDeals report (not a current edition).
(Our unique $39.95 package includes all the information you need to negotiate the best price on for any one vehicle. Additional vehicles are $15 each. You may place an order here on a secure, encrypted order form at any time.)
YOU'LL ALSO GET ALL THESE OTHER INSIGHTFUL CAR BUYING TIPS
"Will Your Vehicle's Value Drop Like A Rock?" —a piece on how well your vehicle holds its value vs. other similar vehicles.
“How To Avoid The Big Leasing Rip-Off.”
“Things To Consider About Placing a Factory Order.”
“Dealing With A Trade-In.”
“Should You Buy A Demo? At What Price?”
“The Crucial Financial Importance Of A Dealership’s Customer Satisfaction Rating.”
“What Some Companies Don’t Want You To Know About Product Quality (And Others Hope You’ll Learn About Theirs).”
“Smart Ways To Buy An Extended Warranty.”
“Have You Chosen A Crashworthy Vehicle?”
“Can You Get The Vehicle Configuration You Want?”
“Should You Buy Last Year’s Model?”
WHAT'S OUR CREATOR'S PEDIGREE?
If you're wondering, "Who is James Bragg?", the founder and hands-on, day-to-day worker bee, here's a revealing "open letter" about his professional background.
As examples of the quality of the information pieces he creates, read "Leasing 101," the clearest explanation you'll find of what leasing's all about, and "Test Driving 101" to learn how to handle that process without getting into a price negotiation.
Here's an overview of the auto market's 2012 performance, including brand-by-brand sales results.
And check out Myths & Half Truths 101" to cut through the "boomfog" of a couple of phony "come-ons" you'll hear from car salespeople.
SPECIAL MESSAGE TO PREVIOUS CUSTOMERS
The Fighting Chance package is always changing to reflect new knowledge and the best ways to deal with the changing realities in the retail car business. Sometimes the changes are dramatic. For example, the method for getting competitive bids differs substantially from the arms-length "fax attack" process we recommended just a few years ago. At other times the changes are small, but represent worthwhile improvements. The suggested wording in the note you'll send dealers is fine-tuned often. The package you'd receive today will typically include several insightful changes compared to the one you ordered years ago.
THE COST OF THIS UNIQUE PACKAGE?
$39.95 (Includes all the information you need on any one vehicle.)
Additional vehicles: $15.00 each. (More than half of our customers add one or more additional vehicles as "fall-back" alternatives. This could become a small, but wise $15.00 decision if you find it difficult to deal on your first choice.)
Considering the substantial cost of the new vehicle you're about to buy or lease, isn't this a relatively small price to pay for the comprehensive Fighting Chance information package?
Click here for complete pricing and ordering details, including a secure, encrypted order form you can e-mail to us or print, fill out and fax to us.
If you'd prefer to place a phone order, or if you have questions that aren't answered on our web site, you may call our order desk at 1-800-288-1134 between 9:00AM and 4:00PM Pacific time, Monday through Friday. (We don't work on weekends.)
Click here for current list of model pricing available.
Important Note: This is a service for NEW VEHICLES ONLY. We have no information on used vehicles. Also, we have NO CANADIAN PRICING DATA. (For Canadian pricing, visit carcostcanada.com)
Links to Our Other Pages
To learn more about us, click on the links below.
Copyright & copy; 2013 Fighting Chance
Home | The Package | Auto Pricing | Market Summary | Bragg's Banter | Testimonials | The Book
Play the Name Game | About Us
Buying New Car | Car Buying Online | New Car Invoice Price | Car Buying Guide | New Car Price | New Car Quote | Dealer Invoice | New Car Purchase | Buy New Car | Auto Buying | Buying Car | Car Pricing | New Car Price Quote | Car Buying Service | Best Time to Buy a New Car | New Car Buying Tip